SCHOOL LANGUAGE ASSISTANT
This program gives you the chance to enhance your career and resume with a real international classroom experience.
You will be a teaching assistant at a local school for up to 15 hours/week and tutor your host family for 5 hours/week while living with them.
International Experience collaborates with many schools from kindergarten to high schools who have extreme need to be helped by a native speaker, whose role could vary from leading the classroom in English activities to assist English teachers during their lessons.
Most schools are located in the fascinating Marche region, on the Adriatic coast, and host families are screened both from the school and International Experience’s staff in order to ensure the highest standards of safety for our candidates.
|Duration and start dates
- Duration: 4 to 12 weeks.
- 2019: October 5th (max 10 week placements), November 9th (max 6 weeks placements)
- 2020: January 11th, February 1st, February 29th (max 10 week placements), April 4th (max 5 week placements)
||Throughout Italy, most schools are located in Marche region. Final location depends on where the school available is located.
||With a carefully selected Host Family.
- Teach in Italian schools for up to 15 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- Tutor the host family in conversational English for 5 hours week, Monday to Friday.
- Respect host family’s rules and habits.
|Activities in school
- Teach during school hours or after-school.
- Prepare topics and activities to have the students practice their conversational abilities.
- Assist Italian teachers or teach conversational English to their own groups of students.
- Help students with their English homework.
- Teach English during other initiatives organized by the town hall/community/school.
|Who can participate
||English native speakers aged 19 to 65 years old, with a college degree or at least college students. We are looking for candidates with an outgoing personality, interested in the education sector and able to face the challenge of teaching in a different school system. Previous teaching/tutoring experience or a TEFL certificate are very helpful.
We accept American, Australian, Canadian, Kiwi and European Participants.
- Teaching position prior to departure.
- Private room with a carefully selected Host Family.
- Meals with the Host Family (except when traveling).
- Welcome and pick up at the airport or at the bus/train station, depending on the host family availability.
- Professional Italian staff to provide supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Direct contact with the coordinator teacher assigned to every candidate before departure.
- Pre-departure material and useful orientation information.
- Online orientation course
- Access to the section of our website with lots of teaching resources.
- International reference or certificate of participation who can significantly boost your resume for future jobs.